Re: GNOME Foundation Elections - Preliminary results

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 02:21:07PM -0500, Tim Ney wrote:
> The issue of diversity and a varied skill set is an important one in
> looking at board composition of all non-profit organizations,
> particularly one that supports freedom and community in technology.  All
> of the candidates that stood for election this year were qualified and
> dedicated contributors to GNOME.  As an organization, however, we can do
> more to be more inclusive on all levels.  Being aware of this is the
> first step and it is good Daniel raised it.

As far as I know, there is nothing that forbids the board to seek advice
from Anne or other candidates - or even other members of the community.
I am involved in other UNIX/Linux communities where we have established
working groups or subcommittees for different subjects. In these groups
all members are invited to participate, and it leads to a higher
activity level overall in the community, more active members,
and more work done.

Best regards
Keld