Re: Licensing and copyright

    You see, I am only a small penguin from Antarctica. It is a long journey to
    swim-up from my country to California.

    So the question is:

    Does the penguin swim fast enough to reach California on time?

With so many layers of metaphor, I cannot be sure what the point is.
We're talking about GNOME here, and more generally the GNU system, not
the kernel whose symbol is a penguin.

Nonetheless, I can offer one general response that might be relevant.
In a GPL enforcement action, there is no desperate hurry to go to
court.  Waiting a year would not be a disqualification--especially not
if the copyright holder has been discussing the matter with the
violator during that year.