Re: Evolution

On Mon, 2004-09-06 at 09:24 +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 2004-09-04 at 06:35, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> > On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 13:11 +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> > > I've had four people now ask me about the referendum comment and what
> > > the response was.
> > >
> > > The total number of people concerned enough to consider it referendum
> > > material was -6-
> >
> > Hmm, why didn't this get a new thread the first time around, or even a
> > new subject line?  I certainly didn't have the time or energy to read
> > the entire thread, and I'm sure a large portion of the rest of the
> > readership didn't either.
>
> 	Isn't that kind of the point? If you didn't have the interest to read
> the discussion, then how could you feel its important enough to warrant
> a referendum?

I think Greg's right. I was following that thread initially, but due to
the large number of follow-ups, I didn't have time to read every single
one of them, so I missed the post in question. If it had been made a new
thread, with a new subject (e.g. 'Evolution Referendum' or something),
it would have been more easily distinguishable from being just another