Re: GNU hackers meeting & GUADEC 2011 colocation?

Hi Alberto,

On Tue 26 Jan 2010 21:07, Alberto Ruiz <aruiz gnome org> writes:

> 2010/1/26 Andy Wingo <wingo pobox com>:

[Dave Neary wrote]
>>> If GUADEC and Akademy colocate again in 2011, do you think that might
>>> have an impact on the GHM?
>>
>> It would probably make it more awesome! There are a number of KDE-using
>> GNU folk. There are GNOME people too, of course :)
>
> That doesn't really answers the question :P

Hm, we enter the realm of interpretation :)

> Dave is worried about any overhead that co-locating this could have
> with the organizing committee and the volunteers, what would GNU need
> in terms of resources, space, inftrastructure? how big could it be?
> That sort of stuff :-)

Is there something that my original message didn't make clear? :)

Resources: GHM has had low budgets in the past, due to reuse of venue,
and sponsorship from various organizations (FSF and FSFE, to name recent
examples)

Space: As mentioned in my original mail, ideally one room of 40-50
people for three days. Could be before/after the main GUADEC days.

Infrastructure: Normal infrastructure associated with a room: projector
or screen of some sort, and ideally internet though that is not
essential, and we all know how conferences work in the end... (/me
thinks of Vilanova)

Cheers,

Andy
--