Re: Meeting Minutes Published - March 29th, 2011

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 09:29:09AM -0500, Brian Cameron wrote:
> For example, there have been several occasions where organizations
> have approached The GNOME Foundation wanting to donate funds with the
> idea of doing a link exchange.  We have turned away such offers in

That were real contacts with organizations that *really* wanted to
support GNOME?

I also see loads of link exchange emails for gnome.org and regard all as
spam.

Emails are usually very generic and obvious that
1) they haven't visited the site
2) they're spamming every address they can find (security gnome org and
so on)

e.g. last one cc'ed ceo gnome org send sent it to security gnome org and
so on + sites which classify all our software as 'best ever' and 'please
link to us'

hrm.. maybe I am a bit offtopic :)

--
Regards,