Re: Can a foundation member have access to the sponsorship history?

Bastien,

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 10:07 AM, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
On Fri, 2014-06-06 at 09:27 +0200, Fabiano Fidêncio wrote:
<snip>

> With or without a good reason, you took the non-polite way to answer.
> Why? I don't know, seriously.

When discussing such matters, you'll want to take out the sarcasm (which
you've applied in a few of your answers, it really doesn't help).

Yeah, you're right. It really doesn't help. Sorry about that.

Furthermore, you've said that "[you] *strongly* imply that the board and
the travel committee are corrupt". You better come up with proofs of
that before carrying on this conversation.

And a few lines below I said that I don't think the the Foundation (or the travel committee) are corrupt.
"(...) Is it corruption? I don't think so."
And that is the reason I completely agreed with you above.

Having been on the board, I can assure you that "preferential treatment"
does not equate to corruption.

I agree with this.

I put preferential treatment in quotes
because that's what it might look like from an outside point of view,
especially if you've been refused sponsorship for an event. But the fact
is that somebody who's been in the community for longer, or that's
already delivered higher-level talks about the project's direction, or
that's delivered very successful talks is more likely to get sponsorship
than a person that doesn't have that history.

I also agree with that.
Also, an active contributor should have preference than a person that is not contributing for so long.
And I had no idea how it works from the TC point of view (and Ekaterina explained it to me and I understood the explanation).

So, why do you think the travel committee and the Board are corrupt? Did
you or a friend of yours get denied sponsorship? Did you ask for the
reason for refusal?

I do *not* think that TC and the Board are corrupt.
I didn't ask sponsorship and I don't know about my friends situation, this is not the case at all.

Again, sorry if I gave the wrong impression and please consider these two things if I did it:
1) I'm not a fluent English speaker (far away from that)
2) As I wrote in my first email, I'm just trying to understand the process, Germán gave a nice overview and Ekaterina complemented answering the questions still not clarified.

Best Regards,
--
Fabiano Fidêncio