Re: internal engagement

On Tue, 2014-03-04 at 00:55 -0800, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 11:11 AM, Fabiana Simões
<fabianapsimoes gmail com> wrote:
[...]
To a large extent, I always expected this to be an active
communication channel between Foundation members and the board. The
meeting notes and agenda are great, but they give very little insight
about the milestones and major accomplishments we're hitting (and
aiming to hit) as a Foundation.

Unfortunately, previous boards have many attempts to have IRC meetings
and it's been poorly attended.  So I'm not sure what would generate
interest in talking to the board?  What about status reports from the
other teams?

People cannot get engaged is they are unaware of the board whereabouts.
Without engagement you are not going to generate interesting
discussions.

Just an example after reading the minutes recently sent:

= Minutes for Tuesday, December 10th, 2013, 16:00 UTC =
[...]
   * We should also ask on foundation-list for ideas
   * '''ACTION''': ... to reach out to foundation-list for ideas
from the foundation members regarding the privacy campaign funds

= Minutes for Tuesday, January 21th, 2013, 15:00 UTC =
[...]
  * Status and plan for the security and privacy campaign's money
   * ... asked around generally for ideas
   * Not much feedback

I don't see in the archives (December 2013-March 2014) a mail to
foundation-list asking for ideas for the privacy campaign (please,
correct me if I am wrong). So, it should not be strange that there was
"Not much feedback".

How is that none of the directors noticed this to fix it?

--
Germán Poo-Caamaño
http://calcifer.org/