Re: Agenda for board meeting on January 9th

Hi Alexandre,

No, that's not quite the same thing. Most of the core teams mentioned on
https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/ do not appear on that list.

The GNOME Foundation Board of Directors has a meeting once every two
weeks where existing and previously assigned to-do items are reported
to the Board by the member in charge of that item after the relevant
preliminary activity has taken place. Once that happens and we have
enough material to base a vote on we discuss the findings and start a
vote which will lead to a result we do consider as final for that
request, issue, dispute.

To-do items and private notes on a specific argument aren't public as
they are most likely suggested to change while the preliminary
activity moves forward or when the Board starts discussing a specific
item and further activity occurs. Additionally the Board has no "core
teams" internally but specific members taking care of managing
particular tasks within the Board itself. We value transparency and we
make sure the meeting minutes contain every single item we discussed
on a meeting (except for private items we do not disclose as per
requestor request or argument, i.e Groupon) with a detailed overview.
Foundation members are also encouraged to ask for more details if any
of the reported items are unclear.

Many of the teams you proposed do exist already, what kind of
contributions would you be interested in?

--
Cheers,

Andrea

Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Infrastructure Team Coordinator,
GNOME Foundation Board of Directors Secretary,

Homepage: http://www.gnome.org/~av