Re: frogr-list Digest, Vol 4, Issue 1

On Fri, 2011-04-22 at 10:03 -0500, Quinn Dombrowski wrote:
> > I half-implemented this in master branch now [1] by showing in the
> > status bar the total size of data to be uploaded,
>
> Looks great, thanks!

Glad to hear you liked it.

> so having the upload dialog continuously showing
> > something like "Uploading X / Y MB" wouldn't be very useful for my use
> > cases.
>
> I think you're right, just having the MB information upfront should be fine.

Looks like, after all, I'm not crazy nor lazy :-)

I have tried it 1h ago when uploading a bunch of new photos to my flickr
and I honestly found it very handy to know in advance how many MB I was
going to send, so thank you for the suggestion.

Guess that I could mark the bug as resolved then... :-)

> > Quinn, I can't reproduce the bug as you described it, and perhaps it's
> > because I'm not using the right picture (with the right metadata) to
> > test it.
> >
> > Could you provide a file to reproduce this reliably?
>
> Sent!

Got it, thanks!

Mario

> Thanks again for all your work on this!

You're welcome. Bad news from my side is that I'm still too busy these
days so I couldn't find almost any moment to work on frogr until now...
goog news, though, are that I'll probably manage to find some time today
and tomorrow to work on it so, hopefully, I could be releasing the next
version of frogr very soon.

Stay tuned!

Thanks,
Mario