My sketches and comments.

Hi!

I was asked by Tim to do some sketches for the GUADEC 3 website and
logo... After I got some of the paid work out of the way I did these:

http://www.saunalahti.fi/montana/things/guadec3_01.png
http://www.saunalahti.fi/montana/things/guadec3_02.png
http://www.saunalahti.fi/montana/things/guadec3_03.png

They're my first sketch, but does contain relatively mature concept for
the logo. Otherwise it does have some room for improvement.

Any opinions?

(I already know it has the date wrong, thank you :)

I believe it is a lot better suited for presenting large amounts of
information, such as timetables, documentation etc than the previously
presented ones, but at the same time it is a bit boring... We could
create two versions of the same theme; the actual GUADEC 3-site
containing the useful information and a bit more flashy one to be used
before that to smooth sponsor prospects.

I can also create the standard stationary for GUADEC 3 with the theme,
if needed... etc

Unlike with the one Álvaro posted it also doesn't contain any problems
with intellectual property... Ximian logo is their property, we can't
use it, even if we propably could get a license for it, should we? And
the design is also a lot like this one: http://www.rdvo.com/ At least
the photographer should be paid =)