Re: Unit test framework for gnome-games?

On Tue, 2006-10-31 at 19:50 +0100, Francisco Yuste García wrote:

> > A suggestion would be to use Check[2] for the games written in C,
> > and PyUnit[3] for the two games using Python. Are there other
> > suggestions, and is using a unit testing for gnome-games a sane idea?  :)
> >

> ... did you consider also including something for aisleriot games which
> are written in Scheme?.
>
> Cheers; Fran

There are at least two unit testing frameworks for guile that I could
find (both available on Ubuntu/Debian) - autounit-guile (it does C too
apparently) and guile-library. Hand-rolling a simple one would not be
hard either.

Scheme, like python, is the sort of dynamic language that makes things
like unit testing really easy.

The hard bit is where there is a mix of scheme and C code to be tested.
A chunk of that could be tested from the C side is simply enough, but
running scheme code from a scheme testing framework and expecting the
right C code to be loaded is somewhat tricky I suspect.

Of course since the scope of possible tests is so huge, starting off
with the simple tests and worrying about the hard stuff later is the way
to go.

 - Callum