Re: [Geary] Geary 0.12 crashing on Fedora 26

W dniu Thu, 14 Dec 2017 o 9∶27 użytkownik Casey Stone <tcstone caseystone com> napisał:

The problem with no ability to click into a message compose box persisted after a reboot, which was surprising, but somehow has now fixed itself. I'm not sure how I would update beyond this 0.12-dev version I get from Fedora 26 packages (without straying from the packaged version) ... I'll do the Fedora 27 update pretty soon and see what I get.

Yeah, I'm not sure either (see my earlier note re Ubuntu), but I have seen references to a package with the final release for 0.12. Maybe someone else on the list can help.

This will probably be of little help, but here's what happens when I run:

$ geary -V

(geary:15164): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:385:8: not a number (geary:15164): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:385:17: Using Pango syntax for the font: style property is deprecated; please use CSS syntax (geary:15164): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:453:56: Using one color stop with linear-gradient() is deprecated.

That looks pretty bad, but that's an issue with your desktop theme, not Geary. It could be causing the crash though. Which theme are you using? If not Adwaita, can you try using that and see if the crash goes away?

PS, what happens if you run Geary using "geary -d", not with -V?

--
⊨ Michael Gratton, Percept Wrangler.
⚙ <http://mjog.vee.net/>