Re: [gedit-list] complete-word plugin

Il giorno sab, 11/06/2005 alle 16.48 +0200, Stefan Linecker ha scritto:
> hi all!
>
> i'm searching for a gedit complete-word plugin.
>
> i think you know what i mean, nevertheless an example:
> somewhere in the text the word "foobar" is used. elsewhere in text
> i type "foo" and the shortcut to the complete-word plugin.
> "foo" should now be completed to "foobar".
>
> does anybody of you knows such a plugin for gedit (google didn't)?

There was a guy working on a automplete plugin some time ago...

http://usuarios.lycos.es/acisif/gedit/autocomplete/autocomplete.html

unfortunately the plugin was not stable enough and had some problems so
it couldn't be included in gedit itself and we haven't heard back from
the guy. If someone wants to resume (or rewrite) such a plugin he can
check the archives for some suggestion etc. We still think it would be a
useful addition, but we son't have time to work on that ourselves.

Paolo