Re: [gedit-list] Plugin Loader

Bart Duchesne wrote:
How about the idea of making the plugin loaders itself plugins.

May be an idea... the issue is that plugin loader need access to some widgets (for instance the preferences dialog) that we do not want to make public since we may want to change them at any point...

The only obstacle is that the plugins for the loaders need to be loaded first (or the others deferred) until all loaders are registered.
In order to not impact startup time I think the mechanism should be lazy: if a plugin specifies in the .gedit-plugin file a loader gedit doesn't know about, gedit looks for the loader before loading the plugin.

Paolo