[gedit-list] Tab to space expansion

Hi All

I recently upgraded my system from FC5 to FC6. The gedit version bundled with FC6 is 2.15.9. One problem I noticed is that even though I have set the editor preference to insert spaces instead of tabs, the text still contains tabs. There doesn't seem to be any way to get rid of tabs except to insert spaces manually. I compiled and tested the latest stable release (2.18.2) but the problem persists. Any help to solve this issue is very much appreciated.

TIA
Arshad