[gedit-list] intltool update?

Dear users,

I am trying to download gedit 3.19.2 to my OSX system, but have encountered trouble in the configuration dtep in ther README file. When I do ./configure in terminal, I receive an error someway through which says

checking whether NLS is requested... yes
./configure: line 13872: intltool-update: command not found
checking for intltool >= 0.50.1...  found
configure: error: Your intltool is too old.  You need intltool 0.50.1 or later.

My research online for a possible solution has returned nothing. Does anyone know of a solution?