Re: [Gimp-user] Has GIMP Support For Windows XP Ended?

Hi Tony.

number1idiot netzero net (number1idiot netzero net) wrote:
I tried to install GIMP 2,10.0 on Windows XP, and the installer
says, "This program does not support the version of Windows your
computer is running.". Is this a bug or is XP no longer supported?
The GIMP website says nothing on the downloads page or release
notes that XP is no longer supported. There are plenty of us who
still use our legacy XP computers, mostly offline, too free up our
more modern computers for web surfing.

Windows XP is no longer supported unfortunately, please stick with
Gimp 2.8 for these machines.

I am not too familiar with the reasoning, but IIRC it has to do with
thread support that now is needed for Gimp 2.10.

Bye,
        Simon

--
              simon budig de              http://simon.budig.de/