[Glade-devel] Undo on window title

--=-BitKbPkwBPp1DySFHq2z

On Sat, 2004-07-24 at 01:13, Jeff Rose wrote:
Hi, I'm new to glade development so I'm just trying to poke around and
fix some minor bugs to get things figured out.  Here's one that I'm not
sure what the policy should be though:
=20
If you set a window's title, but then undo it dies in
gdk_window_set_title because it doesn't like blank titles.  Do we need
to set the title to be a single space or something so it doesn't=20
break?  I can't figure out how it makes the window without a title in
the first place, but I guess that might give a clue...
=20
----------------
(glade-3:24440): Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkwindow-x11.c: line 2302
(gdk_window_set_title): assertion `title !=3D NULL' failed
----------------

Can you file a GTK+ bug - I don't think reverting a window to the
default title is ever really *useful* but generally it should
be possible to set a property back to it's initial state.

And if we don't want to allow it, it should be caught in=20
gtk_window_set_title() not at the GDK level.

One way you could fake this at the Glade level is to gtk_widget_hide()
gtk_widget_unrealize(), set_title(), gtk_widget_realize(),
gtk_widget_show(), the toplevel, though that causes a flash.

Regards,
                                                Owen

--=-BitKbPkwBPp1DySFHq2z

--=-BitKbPkwBPp1DySFHq2z--