[Glade-devel] glade-3 from CVS bug

Fernando Martins wrote:
Hi,

I was trying out glade3 from CVS and I've made a very simple window with a
label on it.

I've made the window visible (why is it not visible by default?) but glade3
doesn't store this change on the glade file (among others). See what I get
in the XML below. I opened the glade file from glade2 changed property
"visible" to true saved the file (see below) and this glade file is working
fine.

I don't have GTK experience, so I might be missing so inchantation, but it
simply seems several XML elements are not saved by glade3.

glade-3 just doesnt bother saving properties that are already
default according to thier GParamSpec, if the internal glade
catalog doesnt specify a default... and the user doesnt explicitly
set a value, then glade-3 assumes the user wants the factory default
for that property.

As to why "visible=False" by default; I wont delve too deep into
this; since its also just a historical fact... note typicly
people will call gtk_widget_show_all() on their top-levels.

Setting them visible=True in the glade file means that all
your "visible" top-levels will be automatically shown after
calling glade_xml_new(). (I suppose you dont want this by
default... if your app contains multiple windows or dialogs).

Cheers,
                         -Tristan