[Glade-devel] Glade 3.7.1 Released

On 12/1/2010 10:49 PM, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
More or less, you need to also build the configure script.
I wish it was less.  So far I am not having any luck.

./autogen.sh --with-gtk=2.0 should do the trick
I tried that but have run into a mess of dependencies.

There are a few more dependencies when building from
the repository however.
Yes I see.

If you have a lot of trouble building from the repository
on windows (from the git repo using autogen.sh), I'll see
I haven't been able to get past the autogen.sh part.
I found that I needed

gnome-common
intltool
libxml2
libxslt
gnome-doc-utils

I installed
gnome-common 2.28.0
with ./configure --prefix=/c/gtkmm  no trouble

intltool 0.40.6
with ./configure --prefix=/c/gtkmm  no trouble

libxml2 2.7.8
with ./configure --prefix=/c/gtkmm
make failed
http://threedepict.sourceforge.net/compiling.html said I needed
to edit testThreads.c line 110 and replace with Win32 version
tid[i].p= NULL;
tid[i].x=-1;

libxslt 1.1.22
with ./configure --prefix=/c/gtkmm  no trouble

gnome-doc-utils 0.20.2
with ./configure --prefix=/c/gtkmm  no trouble
make fails with
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "d:/gtki/gnome-doc-utils-0.20.2/doc/gnome-doc-make/../../xml2po/xml2po/xm
l2po", line 191, in <module>
     main(sys.argv[1:])
   File "d:/gtki/gnome-doc-utils-0.20.2/doc/gnome-doc-make/../../xml2po/xml2po/xm
l2po", line 88, in main
     from xml2po import Main
   File "d:\gtki\gnome-doc-utils-0.20.2\xml2po\xml2po\__init__.py", line 27, in <
module>
     import libxml2
ImportError: No module named libxml2

This seems to be a python problem.  Does this mean that I didn't
build a python part of libxml2 when I built that package?

if I can throw a tarball at you later on today...  let
me know.
Thanks as long as I don't get tar all over me :-)
This would certainly make things easier although I would if possible
like to learn how to fix these dependencies.  Would you or anyone
else reading this be willing to help me on this?  Is there something
I have to do differently with building libxml2?  is the problem
elsewhere?  I did notice that the libxml2 source folder had a lot
of .py files but the prefix dir /c/gtkmm didn't have any of those
files.

Damon Register