[Glade-users] Python, libglade and 'data' with signals?

When I use glade to create a signal on a widget (e.g. a GtkCheckButton),
I can specify some 'data' associated with the signal.

Is there anyway to retrieve the 'data' field from within the signal
handler using PyGtk and libglade?

If I could reference this data field, I could avoid duplicating the same
signal handling logic in multiple signal handling routines.

I'm using glade 0.5.11, gtk+-1.2.8 and python-gtkextra-0.14

Thanks for your help.
--
Joe VanAndel
http://www.atd.ucar.edu/~vanandel/