[Glade-users] newbie questions about glade

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Ken Huisman wrote:

I am new to Glade and gtk and after playing around with it for a few
days, I have a few questions:

1.  Is there a reference somewhere for what all the fields are for on
the tabs in the properties window?  A lot of them are
self-explanitory, but I don't know what "WM Name" and "WM Class" are
for on a window widget.

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/GGAD/

is an excellent reference. Also see http://developer.gnome.org and
http://www.gtk.org

2. If I want to populate a list box when a window opens, what is the
proper signal I should trigger off to do this?  Is there documentation
for this as well?

Note that when you call gtk_widget_show(GtkWidget* my_widget); all the
children of my_widget are also shown. Perhaps you want to populate the
list after calling create_my_widget(); and before gtk_widget_show();?

3. How do I attach a gtk popup menu widget to my window?

In the glade palette, pop-up menus are on the gtk+ additional tab and menu
bars are on the gtk+ basic tab. Does that help?

4. After I add a Clist to my window, is there a way to edit the number
of columns it has?

dunno.

HTH,

Sarah

--
It's what we thought God gave us shoulders for / Not to shrug in self
pity or to ignore / Instead the helpless ration chances to the poor