[Glade-users] Unable to see child widgets

On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 02:27, Eric Stanley wrote:
I have a project that appears to be stored correctly in the .glade file and
libglade can read it correctly.  When I bring it up in glade, however, I
cannot see some of the more nested widgets.  The following is the structure
of my widgets (copied from the .glade file, indentations indicating nesting):

<widget class="GtkWindow" id="windowMain">
    <widget class="GtkVBox" id="vbox1">
      <widget class="GtkMenuBar" id="menubar1">
          <snip menu because it's probably irrelavent to the question>
      <widget class="GtkNotebook" id="notebook1">
          <widget class="GtkHPaned" id="hpaned1">
              <widget class="GtkVBox" id="vbox2">
                  <widget class="GtkToolbar" id="toolbar2">
                      <widget class="button" id="buttonContactFolderAdd">
                      <widget class="button" id="buttonContactFolderDelete">
                  <widget class="GtkScrolledWindow" id="scrolledwindow5">
                      <widget class="GtkTreeView" id="treeviewContactFolders">
          <widget class="GtkLabel" id="notebookContacts">
          <widget class="GtkLabel" id="labelTBD">
          <widget class="GtkLabel" id="TDB">

The problem is that the most nested widget I can see is hpaned1.  Since it is
not apparent here, the second widget in my hpaned1 is currently
      <child>
              <placeholder/>
      </child>

Is this a bug or is there some way to drill down further that I have missed.

What do you see inside the paned widget hpaned1? Is it blank or is it a
Glade placeholder widget (grey mesh pattern)?

Maybe the pane is all the way over one side so you can't see the other
widget. Try changing the pane position.

I haven't heard of any problems with the paned widget before.

Damon