[Glade-users] GtkComboBox

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 22:25:58 +0100
Damon Chaplin <damon karuna uklinux net> wrote:

So, which is the correct way to change the appearance of the
GtkComboBox? Do I have to recreate it completely myself?

GtkComboBox implements the GtkCellLayout interface. So I think you can
call gtk_cell_layout_clear() to clear it, and then add whatever
renderers you want.

Hi Damon...

Did that - but the widget doesn't update on screen until I actually
use it. Then all other widgets resize because of that. Hardly elegant...

For now, I have used a hbox, in which at runtime, I put the non-glade
ComboBox. I can then use CellLayout to change the form, I've also remove
the focusing capability, which shaves off yet another few pixels, but the
ComboBox is _still_ a little larger than its Entry neighbour. Not that I
mind the size per se, but it doesn't look nice to have a value and its
unit in different size boxes.

Thanks...

John