[Glade-users] gtk_label_new_with_translation

On Wed, 2007-05-02 at 12:42 +0100, amit bag wrote:
HI All,
        can anyone tell me that how to use
        GtkWidget*  gtk_label_new_with_translation  (gchar
*domain,gchar *string);
        here I don't understande what to fill for gchar * domain .Can
anyone give  a  example of it so that it is easy to  me to
understand .Thanks in advance .

Amit,
   translations are done with gettext generally, you should sift
through the gnu gettext manual[1] and maybe look at some gnome
projects that use autotools - also lookup intltool, intltool
will help you integrate macros into your makefiles to help
extract translatable strings for your translators.

Cheers,
                 -Tristan

[1] http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/gettext.html

Regards