Re: glademm patch: Introducing MenuElem

Toralf Lund wrote:

> > > Also, I'm not sure what ought to be done when GNOME support is enabled;
> > > I notice
> > >
> > >      {  if (Configuration.gnome_support) return;
> > >
> > > in the original Gtk_Menu::AddChild()
> >
> > That's because Gnome menus are handled by MenuShell (which covers the
> > details).
>
> Another reason for moving everything to Gtk_Container, I guess...

I would object unless this code is common/useful to all containers (which I do
not see, yet).

  Christof

The design of gnome menushell is:
- every widget below menushell is considered internal (no creation, menushell
is responsible for all code)
- menushell creates the full code needed for every menu[item].