Re: [glade--]unable to add new members to derived class

Christof Petig wrote:
Bob Koutsky wrote:

You encountered one of the most mysterious bugs I've ever seen. Can you do:
  rm *.o
  make
and try it again. I can't think of anything causing this but it's a try.

    I tried it, it did not helped. Is it possible that it's a bug in gcc?

I don't think so, yet. (do you use 2.95.4, too?)

I can reproduce the bug on my powerpc computer with gtkmm-2.0.0 - that should be different enough to make it a non random error ...

I'll take a closer look this afternoon.

It is indeed a compiler bug. The bug does not occur with g++-3.2.1. But the but does not occur with gtkmm-1.2 and g++-2.95.4.

I hope debian/unstable switches to g++-3.2 soon, so I can forget about the old compiler (and still use the distro's libraries). I don't have the slightest idea about what is causing this bug on 2.0 and evading it on 1.2 ... (adding an integer to an empty class is not so uncommon ...)

   Christof