Re: [glade--]Re: Gnomemm-2 support in glade--

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 09:06:06AM +0200, Christof Petig wrote:

> >Tonight I was tinkering to get some basic gnomemm support in, but then
> >I realised that
> >a) you'd probably already been doing that
> not really (sorry!). I hardly find time to do anything but preparing our
> 'open to the public' day next weekend.

Well, that's ok, it happens. Is that an open day for the 'weberei'
you're address belongs to? Into the family business?

> >b) if you weren't, you'd have some ideas on how to do it.
> first you need to set up a working configure.in/autogen.sh (that's
> probably the hardest) for the generated project. If you manage to get
> gettext working, a lot of people would be glad (it once worked as of

I might; I have the basics for autogen.sh/configure.in sorta working.
I'm a bit 'uneasy' about supporting Gnome-1.0, 1.4 and 2.0 at the same
time. The code is turning quite ugly.

Gnomemm-2 has the tendency to put everything in separate libraries as
well as separate namespaces. Though cleaner in design, it's a big deviation
from the 'old' situation.

> gnome 1.0, but gnome 1.4 seems to be different - I never found
> definitive docs - that's why I really look forward to gnome2).

I'll look into it, once I get an ordinary test-app to compile cleanly,
without gettext support.

> And last but not least the gnome menu support is really ugly (menubar.cc
> IIRC). I rewrote a much cleaner one for the gtkmm menu support and the
> gnome support need a rewrite too (Mostly applying the developed scheme).

Ack; I'll look into your code, and see how much adaption it needs for
gnomemm.

> Sorry, I never IRC. But EMail should be fast enough since we live in the
> same time zone.

That's absolutely true

> PS: Please CC the mailing list.

Sorry, I wanted your opinion first, before notifying the whole world ;-)

Grtz
EJ