Re: [glade--]Problems with an about box]

Hi Christof,
  Thanks for the reply.

> I never used gnome2 stuff. And it seems you're the first one to test
> gnome about (I tested it back in the 1.4 days ...). If you can easily

Well I hadn't done much of any gnome, and it seemed to make sense to
use Gnome2 for a new project.

> figure out which parameters would be correct (simply send me a copy of a
> working line) I'll happily modify glademm to output the correct code.

Well the line that was output that wasn't liked was:

  about2_glade::about2_glade(
  ) : Gnome::UI::About(PACKAGE, VERSION, "(c) 2003 Dr. David Alan
  Gilbert", about2_authors, _("A special entry package for real world,
  large scale designs  -  and everyone else."), "esch.xpm")

but looking at the source for the Debian hardware-monitor package it has
the line:

    about.reset(new Gnome::UI::About(_("Hardware Monitor"), VERSION,
             // %1 is the copyright symbol
             String::ucompose(_("Copyright %1 2003 Ole Laursen"),
"\xc2\xa9"),
             authors, documenters, description,
             translators == "translator_credits"
             ? "" : translators,
             icon));

so it looks like the documenters and translators entries have been
added; those are present in the Glade-2 GUI

libgnomeuimm's about.h has the constructors:

 About(const Glib::ustring& name,
        const Glib::ustring& version,
        const Glib::ustring& copyright,
        const Glib::ArrayHandle<Glib::ustring>& authors,
        const Glib::ArrayHandle<Glib::ustring>& documenters,
        const Glib::ustring& comments = Glib::ustring(),
        const Glib::ustring& translator_credits = Glib::ustring());

  About(const Glib::ustring& name,
        const Glib::ustring& version,
        const Glib::ustring& copyright,
        const Glib::ArrayHandle<Glib::ustring>& authors,
        const Glib::ArrayHandle<Glib::ustring>& documenters,
        const Glib::ustring& comments,
        const Glib::ustring& translator_credits,
        const Glib::RefPtr<Gdk::Pixbuf>& logo);

> To be honest gnomemm2 is not high priority for me - I really never
> needed it so far.

> Sorry for the delay, it's not nice to tell about clearly unmaintained
> parts of your software ... so I pretended to be busy elsewhere ;-)

Hehe - don't worry it wasn't urgent.

Thank you again for your reply,

Dave
/ Dr. David Alan Gilbert    | Running GNU/Linux on Alpha,68K| Happy  \
\ gro.gilbert @ treblig.org | MIPS,x86,ARM,SPARC,PPC & HPPA | In Hex /