Re: [glade--] Learning to use glademm-generated code

J. Baltasar García Perez-Schofield schrieb:
Generating code for gtk 2.4.9 (pkg-config), gtkmm 1.2.10 (gtkmm-config),

This should never happen. Could you please try with the CVS version of glademm, I don't want to debug errors which are already fixed? (see below) [please stay away from glade (no -2) and try in a clean directory so that nothing remains from past tries]

I does insist saying tha gnomemm is not installed, while I installed the package libgnomemm-1.2_9-1.2.4-6mdk.

that's an aftereffect of choosing 1.2.

(what does pkg-config --modversion gtkmm-2.4 give you?).

It  returns 2.4.7.

hmm, so glademm should choose 2.4

I would prefer to stick to only one gtk library and one gtkmm and one glademm, but this is complex, as glademm is linked to glade (not glade-2), and glade is linked to gtkmm2.0.0 ... have no way to uninstall the extra stuff.

glademm never links to anything! And it's usable for both glade and glade-2. You won't need gtk-1.x for glademm. And glade is definitely not linked to gtkmm2.0. [Linkage in my sense is shown by ldd]

Please be more concrete, so I might know (not guess) what you are talking about. [frustrated not angry]

   Christof

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous anoncvs gnome org:/cvs/gnome login
<no password, hit return>
cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous anoncvs gnome org:/cvs/gnome co glade--
... working ...
(cd glade--; autogen.sh; make ; make install)

If you want to update your copy enter the directory where you checked it out:
        cd glade--
and type
        cvs -z3 update -dP