Re: [glade--] error of FC2 and glade--?

Rolly Ng schrieb:
|   Hi, I'm a newbie to Linux but would like to learn C++ GUI programming,
| however Fedora Core 2 only have glade2 installed by default and I
| suppose glade-- is needed to build C++.
|
| When I tried to compile glademm-2.5.0, with
|
| (1)"# PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/";
|
| It showed:
[...]
| checking installed gtkmm version... ./configure: line 1: gtkmm-config:
| command not found
| configure: WARNING: Can't determine your gtkmm version, assuming
| 1.0.0

it's looking for gtkmm 1.0 :-O

| Please use AM_GNU_GETTEXT([external]) in order to cause autoconfiguration
| to look for an external libintl.
|
| Please create po/Makevars from the template in po/Makevars.template.
| You can then remove po/Makevars.template.
|
| Please run 'aclocal -I m4' to regenerate the aclocal.m4 file.
| You need aclocal from GNU automake 1.5 (or newer) to do this.
| Then run 'autoconf' to regenerate the configure file.
|
| Please run 'automake m4/Makefile' to create m4/Makefile.in
|
| You will also need config.guess and config.sub, which you can get from
| ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/.
|
| You might also want to copy the convenience header file gettext.h
| from the /usr/share/gettext directory into your package.
| It is a wrapper around <libintl.h> that implements the configure
| --disable-nls
| option.
|
| Press Return to acknowledge the previous 6 paragraphs.

I have no idea on how to silence this. Ignore it.

| ./configure: line 4307: GNOME_INIT: command not found
| ./configure: line 4308: GNOME_COMMON_INIT: command not found
| ./configure: line 4309: GNOME_COMPILE_WARNINGS: command not found
| ./configure: line 4320: AM_GNOME_GETTEXT: command not found

brrr. That's ancient ... but I still need to maintain gtkmm-1.2 programs ...

| There seems errors while make check, and I already have gtkmm-2.2 & 2.4
| in my system,  what should I do?
| Thank you!

Short : don't run make check. AFAICT glademm builds fine and only the
gnome-1.x tests fail.

Of course if you have any proposals to remove error messages / warnings
I'd be more than glad to hear them.

~   Christof