[glade--] Glade version 2.6 on RedHat "configure: line 5507: syntax error near unexpected token `PACKAGE, '

Title: Glade version 2.6 on RedHat "configure: line 5507: syntax error near unexpected token `PACKAGE,'

I am new to Linux/GNU-Glade.  Just checked Glade and believe it potentially can be a good tool for my application.  I have Glade version 2.6 (pretty old) on RedHat.

Anyway, after I create a window1 using Glade.  Changed the windows title (only one window with different title) and done.  Try to build it by execute gutogen.sh first (not even sure this is the right procedure).  I got some error L.

./configure: line 5507: syntax error near unexpected token `PACKAGE,'

./configure: line 5507: `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(PACKAGE, $pkg_modules)'

Few questions:

1.      New to Glade.  Is it a widely used Linux GUI IDE?  Wondering how many Linux distro include (use) it?  Looks like our RedHat has it.  I quickly checked and it seems openSUSE, Ubuntu also has it (not 100% sure).

2.      I checked some file in .\src.  Looks like Glade actually generate gtk+ code.  To me that it is a good indication that Glade can support more distros.

3.      How important it is to upgrade Glade version?  If I want to support most popular Linux distro (one of my primary goal), what version of Glade that I should use?  Any particular Linux distro goes well with Glade or they all similar?

4.      About the error above.  Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks for your help J

Jerry

chuchiehliu lnxeng02:[~/Projects/project2] {27} % autogen.sh

**Warning**: I am going to run `configure' with no arguments.

If you wish to pass any to it, please specify them on the

`autogen.sh' command line.

processing .

Creating ./aclocal.m4 ...

Running glib-gettextize...  Ignore non-fatal messages.

Copying file mkinstalldirs

Copying file po/Makefile.in.in

Please add the files

  codeset.m4 gettext.m4 glibc21.m4 iconv.m4 isc-posix.m4 lcmessage.m4

  progtest.m4

from the /usr/share/aclocal directory to your autoconf macro directory

or directly to your aclocal.m4 file.

You will also need config.guess and config.sub, which you can get from

ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/.

Making ./aclocal.m4 writable ...

Running aclocal  ...

configure.in:24: warning: macro `AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT' not found in library

Running autoheader...

Running automake --gnu  ...

Running autoconf ...

Running ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode ...

checking for gawk... gawk

checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... yes

checking for gcc... gcc

checking for suffix of executables...

checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes

checking for library containing strerror... none required

checking for gcc... (cached) gcc

checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes

checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed

checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3

checking for gcc... (cached) gcc

checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes

checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed

checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3

checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E

checking for ANSI C header files... yes

./configure: line 5507: syntax error near unexpected token `PACKAGE,'

./configure: line 5507: `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(PACKAGE, $pkg_modules)'

The message may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.