Re: Lost working environment

On Wed, 2007-11-21 at 16:41 +0100, Federico Munerotto wrote:
Once upon a time....

I was inserting and editing the tables values with glom and
reading/showing with php.

My ubuntu upgraded from 7.04 to 7.10

Glom wasn't working anymore but I still needed to work on the
data-structure and the data itself.

Before doing anything I wrote a DB dump.

Finally I managed to have back glom working.

As I inserted a row with access/ODBC, glom crashes [1].

Glom doesn't understand structure changes that you make outside of Glom.
It has only very simple abilities to cope with unexpected things, and
has zero understanding of features (extra field types, for instance)
that it doesn't use.

Making it fully adaptable to this would be possible but would be a lot
of work.

But if you really just added a data row then the crash shouldn't happen.
I'd like to see a backtrace (when it crashes, and when it hits that
warning). If you can't do that then you could send me your database
somehow, I suppose, but I can't promise to look quickly.

If I use the old dump is the php application that doesn't work (as I
added a field).

I don't think Glom broke your database even more if you first broke
Glom's ability to use it.

I can't go back.

I thought the only issue was the ID max for the new of each tables but
it shouldn't be so.

What can I do (beside starting over)?

If your php application isn't working then you need to investigate that
php application, I guess.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com