Copy & Paste and ordering of fields

Hi,

I was wondering whether it is possible to enable [Ctrl]+[C] and
[Ctrl]+[V] and other standard shortcuts in the fields when entering
data. (Curiously [Ctrl]+[A] does work, though.)

Also, when choosing the fields in the frontend in multiple columns (in
Developer -> Layout) it seems a bit awkward that the list of fields
fills the columns first, whilst [Tab] takes the rows first. E.g. if you
arrange field1, ... , field4 in two columns, the order in the layout
window is field1, field2, field3, field4, whereas the frontend will display

field1   field3
field2   field4

and tabbing then gives the order field1, field3, field2, field4. I guess
that's not anything I can change at the user level... It gets especially
awkward since across groups in the same notebook the length of the
columns seems to be dependent on the first groups. E.g. if I have two
tabs, tab1 & tab2, both arranged in two columns and both of the form

field1   field2
field3   field4

Adding a field5 to the first tab only gives

field1   field4
field3   field5
field2

and after reordering

field1   field2
field3   field4
field5

but now the second tab looks like

field1   field4
field3
field2

so that you need to reorder all tabs to have smooth data entry which
will work with [Tab] in the expected order.

Please let me know if I am misusing Glom...

Thanks,
Severin