Re: [gmime-devel] gmime/GMime-3.0.metadata missing from 3.2.1 tarball

On Mon 2018-10-29 16:45:02 -0400, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
Ugh. For some reason I couldn't `make distcheck` on my MacĀ  because it
said I didn't have gobject-introspection installed (even though I did)
and I couldn't figure out how to get the Makefiles to find it, so I
removed --enable-introspection from Makefile.am's DISTCHECK_CONFIGURE_FLAGS.

I was hoping that wouldn't break the release tarball but I guess it did.

ouch!  thanks for tracking it down, anyway :)

I'm not sure what else that could have broken, so it may be worth
running `make distcheck` locally to make sure you get everything.

i ran "make distcheck" from the branch with my patch queue applied (in
particular, reimporting the metadata file from git) and it runs without
any errors, so i think that was all that i needed to import.

Anyway, the 3.2.1 tarball is broken for anyone aiming to package it with
introspection enabled, so you might run into trouble with other
packagers.  I don't know whether you want to release a bugfix 3.2.2 to
avoid hearing these reports for whenever fedora or arch or something
else tries to package 3.2.1.

thanks for the quick feedback!

    --dkg