Re: [gnet] Use of conn and experimental IO functions

On Tuesday 14 January 2003 21:25, David Helder wrote:

> I'm considering moving the experimental IO functions in GNet
> (gnet_io_channel_read_async, gnet_io_channel_write_async) to the GConn and
> simplifying them.  They are difficult to use and bug prone (due to the
> Linux/GLib poll problem).
>
> Is anyone using them?  Is there any objection?

Hmm, I am using gnet_conn_readany() and gnet_conn_write(), so I assume that
these will be affected by your changes, right?

What is going to happen to the timeouts? Are they just not going to be
implemented, or is the value set with gnet_conn_timeout() being used?

btw, what's the Linux/glib poll problem? (I am asking because I have some code
with an io_channel and a pipe, and that code works perfectly fine on linux,
but not at all on FreeBSD, and I just can't make it work on FreeBSD).

Cheers
-Tim