Re: Opinions on when to start Nautilus porting?

On 24Aug2001 04:40PM (-0700), Darin Adler wrote:
> I know that Gimp porting to GNOME 2 is already underway. I also know that
> there are problems in various platform libraries. I also remember from
> GUADEC that Michael Meeks was particularly adamant that he didn't want me
> starting to port Nautilus before the libraries were ready.
>
> So, folks, any thoughts on when Ramiro and I (and the rest of the gang)
> should start porting Nautilus?
>
> (For the moment, lets ignore the issue of when the Red Hat Nautilus
> patches will get rolled in, although I definitely want to do those before
> porting.)

Will porting happen on the HEAD or a branch?

My personal opinion is that the GNOME 2 libraries are not quite frozen
enough yet, but the main culrpit is gnome-vfs, I think for most of the
others that Nautilus depends on have finite and reasonable lists of
outstanding API issues.

 - Maciej