Re: Getting libgnome* into shape

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 04:09:56PM +0200, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> > Dietmar Maurer <dietmar ximian com> writes:
> > > Why does bonobo-config add a new API? Which one? bonobo-config simply uses an
> > > (already) existing Bonobo interface.
> >
> > That is somewhat disingenous, because the "existing bonobo interface"
> > was complicated a bit over what was otherwise necessary purely for
> > b-c's benefit...
>
> Also not true. The exposed configuration API is the PropertyBag interface, which
> we have even simplified (merged with the Property interface). It simply contains
> nothing bonobo-config related.

In that case why is there another Bonobo_ConfigDatabase using API that is not
AT ALL related to bonobo-config in libgnome?  And if that is the case, we've
entered a strange universe where libgnome is using neither bonobo-config nor
GConf but something neither of us know.  I say it's bonobo-config, you say it
has nothing to do with it.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it.