GNOME 2.0 Schedule

As promised, here is the schedule for GNOME 2.0. We will try to get
this on the web site soon.

Oct. 24 Package List FREEZE - package list for Gnome 2.0 finalized

Oct. 31 PACKAGES DUE - Gnome 2. Platform Alpha 2
Nov. 2  RELEASE - Gnome 2.0 Platform Alpha 2

Nov. 2  API FREEZE - any further API changes must be individually approved [1]

Nov. 23 Feature FREEZE - no feature additions for core packages w/o approval
      	of release team [1]

Dec. 5  PACKAGES DUE - Gnome 2.0 Beta 1
Dec. 7  RELEASE - Gnome 2.0 Beta 1

Dec. 21 UI FREEZE - no more UI changes w/o approval of release	team [1]

Jan. 2	PACKAGES DUE - Gnome 2.0 Beta 2  [2]
Jan. 4	RELEASE - Gnome 2.0 Beta 2

Jan. 16 String FREEZE - no more localizable string changes w/o approval of
      	release team [1]

Jan. 23	PACKAGES DUE - Gnome 2.0 Release Candidate 1
Jan. 25 RELEASE - Gnome 2.0 Release Candidate 1

Jan. 25 Deep FREEZE - release team approved fixes only from now to final [1]

Feb. 13	PACKAGES DUE - Gnome 2.0 final
Feb. 15 RELEASE - Gnome 2.0 final  [2]

Notes:

[1] The GNOME 2 release team will be enforcing the various freeze
dates. If you have a change that breaks one of the freezes but that
you feel must go in, please contact us so we can review the change.

  We will be much more likely to accept changes that are planned
before the freeze date but don't quite make it, or changes that are
agreed upon by all affected parties.

  We all need to do our best to make these freeze dates to get the
release out on time.

[2] If you will be away around this date (or other package due dates),
you must get your packages in early or designate someone else to do
make a release.