Re: GnomeProgram in libgnome

Sander Vesik wrote:

On Wed, 10 Oct 2001, James Henstridge wrote:

Argument parsing is the big one that needs to be done cooperatively in
order to be done right.  You really need to know of all the acceptable
options in order to parse the arguments.  For example:
 --foo --display bar:0.0

I *really* hope this is a honest typo and gnome programs do take only the
-display (note one dash) option. Forking from the normal X conventions
does not sound like a good idea.

GNU-style command-line parameters would give you --display or -d
Currently we have for example:

$ gedit --help | grep display
  --display=DISPLAY           X display to use

So we've been using this since probably Gnome 1.0. Maybe adding '-display' to please the ol' X user would be a good idea ;) (hmm, does popt allow this kind of parameter ?)

Cheers