Re: vicious-build-scripts, head, gtk+, and the usual weird error messages

Hi Phlip,

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Phlip wrote:
> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../libaudiofile    -g -O2 -c `test -f
> twentyfour.c || echo './'`twentyfour.c
> twentyfour.c: In function `main':
> twentyfour.c:232: Internal compiler error in emit_move_insn_1, at
expr.c:2830

        Hmm - unusual. Prolly you're running some whacked out gcc - pgcc
? or gcc 3 ? perhaps you're out of space on your temp directory ?

> /bin/sh ../../libtool --mode=compile @AS@  @ASFLAGS@ -c -o have_mmx.lo
`test
> -f have_mmx.S || echo './'`have_mmx.S
> rm -f .libs/have_mmx.lo
> @AS@ @ASFLAGS@ -c have_mmx.S  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/have_mmx.lo
> ../../libtool: @AS@: command not found

        Very strange; no idea - the configure failed, and
vicious-build-scripts did a make without checking ?

        Regards,

                Michael.