Re: GNOME 2.0 Schedule

Hi Stephen,
I don't think anyone believe that you or Sun or anyone else for that
matter is trying to hijack GNOME. If I in my original mail came of as
indicating such then I apologize. The people of Sun has as individuals
and as representatives of their company been exemplary community members
in my opinion. My response was meant as one community member to another
saying; 'if you said what I believe you just said then that would be a
mistake so please reconsider.'. Your response has made it clear that I
misinterpreted your initial mail.

As for the debate of what GNOME 2.0 should, there I agree with your
suggestion that we should try to incorporate as many UI improvements as
possible from the useability people, at least those that are easy to do.

But I also agree with Havoc's stance that the important part now is
delivering a GNOME 2.0 with its plattform improvements, and being to
ambitious for 2.0 in terms of new user functionality above and beyond
the important improvements the new plattform gives, might lead to
further delays. I think we all need to remember that each new release is
not the end, but the beginning. And with this being such a radically new
plattform then it is even more true than ever.

Christian