Re: Minutes of the GNOME 2.0 Release Team Meeting - 2001/10/13

begin Malcolm Tredinnick quotation:

> >   - Something to take up with Malcolm, who is writing our porting guide
>
> Umm ... what does this mean? Am I meant to have an opinion or just follow
> instructions? What's a policy? I'm just writing a "how to do it" thingie.

Always nice to hear about things first from the minutes. :( Sorry, Malcolm.

> The only thing I can think you might mean is stuff like it should build
> with DISABLE_GNOME_DEPRECATED and DISABLE_GTK_DEPRECATED defined and be
> accessible. Is that what people have in mind, or ...?

More about "what is a GNOME 2.0 program?" and "what are the features of the
GNOME 2.0 platform that need to be used by GNOME 2.0 apps/utils?"

You're mentioned here as a reference for what is possible, and what can be
done in the timeframe. An expert source, if you will. :)

- Jeff

--
"I think of the last year or two [in Free Software development] as being the
 biggest private investment in public works in decades." - Andrew Tridgell