Re: Minutes of the GNOME 2.0 Release Team Meeting - 2001/10/13

Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 01:57:41PM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > Minutes of the GNOME 2.0 Release Team Meeting - 2001/10/13
> [...]
> > * What does porting mean?
> >
> >   - 'Policy' on what is required for GNOME 2.0 core app
> >
> >   - Do we need that kind of 'policy' for Fifth Toe release?
> >
> >   - Something to take up with Malcolm, who is writing our porting guide
>
> Umm ... what does this mean? Am I meant to have an opinion or just
> follow instructions? What's a policy? I'm just writing a "how to do it"
> thingie.
>
> The only thing I can think you might mean is stuff like it should build
> with DISABLE_GNOME_DEPRECATED and DISABLE_GTK_DEPRECATED defined and be
> accessible. Is that what people have in mind, or ...?

On that point, the existing Gnome Accessibility for Developers guide
discussed some basic accessibility pitfalls, but as yet contains nothing
about making apps that use custom widgets accessible (some work is
required), nor does it discuss how to test your app for accessibility
using the "ferret" demo/test tool.  I am aware of this and hope to add
some content on that topic soon.... in the meantime please catch me via
email or on IRC and I will gladly provide whatever guidance and
assistance I can.

Thanks!

-Bill.