Re: Floppy disk access in Gnome - followup.

On Sat, 2001-10-27 at 03:34, George Farris wrote:

> (2)
> The next comment was that "You don't have to mount floppies - just use
> tar with the raw device (/dev/rfloppy or whatever)."

My personally preferred insane solution is to write a FAT gnome-vfs
module that knows how to access floppy devices directly. This is a
similar thing to what we do for Audio CD access in GnomeVFS/Nautilus.
This won't work with non-GNOME programs, but I don't really care about
them :)

Ian

PS: We could use the same magic for accessing MacOS HFS formated disks.