Re: Package deadline tomorrow

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 11:52:53PM -0800, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> Hello platform package maintainters, please submit your packages as
> soon as possible. Upload them using the instal-module script and then
> send mail to gnome2-release-team gnome org

  Did that for libxml2-2.4.6 and libxslt-1.0.6 yesterday
(except using install module script)

> P.S. If you are very close to API freeze but have only a handful of
> outstanding items, please let us know - it may be worthwhile to hold
> the release a couple of days if it would mean having a truly API
> frozen platform alpha. If your package is fully API frozen, let us
> know that too, so we can breathe easier. If it is not frozen and not

  I think that for the APIs used for the Gnome platform, both libxml2
and libxslt can be considered to have a stable API. I will have to extend
some of those API by adding new entry points but for areas out of the
scope of the Gnome platform (like being able to put breakpoints in the
XSLT engine to allow to hook debuggers, adding support for more XSLT
extension functions in libexslt for example.)

Daniel