Re: Another suggested libgnome API change

On 03Sep2001 11:56PM (-0400), Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Maciej Stachowiak <mjs noisehavoc org> writes:
> > char **gnome_commandline_to_shell_argv        (char  *commandline);
>
> How is this different from g_shell_parse_argv? It puts the user shell
> in front of the argv?

It returns a vector like this:

{
user_shell,
"-c",
commandline
}

commandline is not parsed or modified in any way.

It's useful if you want to run a command in the user's shell. Maybe
there should also be a variabt to force use of /bin/sh, in case the
command comes from a system .desktop file and the user has a weird
shell.

Yes, I did read gshell.h and gspawn.h :-)

 - Maciej