GNOME 2.0 Platform Alpha Deadline - Sep 26, 2001

The GNOME 2.0 Release Team is working on a full revised schedule which
we will annonce soon. In the meantime, we'd like to put together the
Platform Alpha release.

** Packages are due by: Teusday, Sep 26, 19:00 GMT (that's 12 Noon US
Pacific, 3 PM US Eastern, 8 PM London time)

** Please email <gnome2-release-team gnome org> when submitting
packages; your request will most likely be handled by Sander.

** Packages do not have to be 100% API frozen for this alpha, but when
submitting your package, please state whether it's totally API frozen,
and if not, provide the list of exceptions (preferrably in the form of
a bugzilla query).

Please don't wait right until the deadline - get your packages in (or
tell us the current ones in the pre-gnome2 directory are suitable) as
soon as possible.

If all goes well, we will release on September 28th.

Here is the current list of platform libraries, as far as we know. We
will have a public discussion on gnome-2-0-list soon to refine this
list, and anything we missed can be included in the upcoming Platform
Beta release.

atk
audiofile*
bonobo-activation
bonobo-config
esound*
gail
gconf
glib
gnome-http*
gnome-vfs
gtk+
libart_lgpl
libbonobo
libbonoboui
libglade
libgnome
libgnomecanvas
libgnomeprint
libgnomeprintui
libgnomeui
libxml2
libxslt
linc
ORbit2
pango
xml-i18n-tools

* - These pacakges are carry-overs from GNOME 1 which have seen little
change. We may want to remove some of them from the official platform
for GNOME 2.

Thanks,

Maciej