[g-a-devel]clarification needed on Keyboard Navigation among buttons.

Hi Calum,

I have a doubt in Keyboard Navigation among buttons. In case of
gnome-calculator(gcharmap also), there are many rows and columns of
buttons placed in a box.

User is allowed to navigate among buttons in a row using Tab as well as
Left/Right Arrow keys.  But
what about the navigation across rows.?  Using Tab/Shift +Tab,
navigation is possible across the rows.
Should this be provided using Left/Right arrow keys also.? I feel,
there are two possibilities.
One is to allow user to navigate to a next/previous row with Right/Left
arrows. This is good because
user can navigate among buttons continously as he does with Tab. Another
possibility is do NOT allow user
to navigate across rows and give a beep when he tries to navigate past
the last/first button in a row
with Right/Left arrows.

Also I did not understand the navigation among buttons in a column.
Using Up/Down arrow user can navigate. When user
navigates past the last/first in a column using down/up arrows, what is
the expected behaviour.? I feel there are
two possibilities again. One is allow user to go to next/previous column
and another is to give a beep which means that user can not navigate
across columns with up/down arrows.

Please clarify me in this regard.

Regards,
Narayana.

Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited
is 'privileged' and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. You are notified that any
use, copying or dissemination of the information contained in the E-MAIL
in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.