[g-a-devel]Re: AtkValue on Scroll bars

Hi Padraig,

On Fri, 2002-03-22 at 09:28, Padraig O'Briain wrote:
> I have just made a change to GAIL which should fix this.

	Great, thanks.

> While investigating this mproblem I noticed that atk_value_set_current_value()
> was called twice in the program being poked when I click on the scrollbar item
> in at-poke. I was surprised by this. I have attached stack traces from at-poke
> for when this happened.

	Doh, blocking the right signal on the wrong object - fixed locally.

> I have noticed that at-poke crashes when the test program terminates. Is this
> something you were aware of or do you want me to investigate it further?

	There are several issues. One is my outstanding patch to at-spi to get
the Application object sorted out; subject 'libspi patch ... take 2' - a
rather trivial but important patch.

	The second issue is that it is not possible to determine the 'path' of
an item when children_changed occurs (always) since the object is most
likely now defunct [ if many levels are being destroyed concurrently ] -
this could be got around by caching 'getParent' at the cspi level.

	And lastly - I wrote a chunk of code last night to deal with updating
the app list, and closing the poker on application termination cleanly
which works well and is committed by again needs the above patch.

	It'd be great if you could approve it, Bill seems to have gone AWOL ;-)

	Regards,

		Michael.